Thursday, October 9, 2008

Slapstick Silliness


Yesterday we called my niece Daniela to wish her a happy birthday -- she just turned four. My boys love, love, love her! Christian and Daniela are especially close, and sometimes they exclude Gabie because, according to them, he's too little.

So it was Gabriel's turn to talk to Daniela and I was holding the phone for him while he spoke to her in a somewhat incoherent way that 2.5 years olds do. Christian began whining that he wanted to speak to her again, and I tried to quiet him as Gabriel continued with his conversation. Suddenly, Gabriel could not take it any more and he slapped Christian across the face. It gets worse, Christian hit him back, then I bopped both of them on top of the head in quick succession. Then Gabriel hit me and Christian hit Gabriel back! I had to restrain both of them. Gabie doesn't take smack from anyone. All this took place while Gabriel was still talking on the phone. It was ridiculously funny today as I thought about it.

Happy birthday, Daniela.

Love,


Larry, Moe, and Curly

No comments: