Friday, January 9, 2009

The Longest Four Minutes and Twenty-Three Seconds

I never expected at the age of 38 to be singing a duet at a karaoke bar. If there is a microphone in front of my face, well, let's just say that it is hard to keep away from it. But if I am expected to sing with the lyrics on a TV screen, then my heart races from the sheer embarrassment that is sure to follow. I found myself in this situation one evening this week, as we sang an old Salt N Peppa song to the disinterested, inanimate crowd of six or seven who politely clapped as we took our place on the stage. Beth and I sang our hearts out, and at the end of our little gig we bowed. And I was grateful that I did something that was a little out of the ordinary in my not so extraordinary existence.

It's your fault, Beth.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Get Mike to sing and send us a video.

Elena said...

Now THAT would be awesome.