Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Postcards from The North Pole


Nana and Papa recently went on another adventure and travelled to/through Alaska by ship, train, and bus.  While there, they visited Santa's house at the North Pole, and Santa sent each of the boys a special message:



Tim the turtle was found at the creek at Nana and Papa's house this summer.  Nana convinced Christian to let him go back home to nature since Christian was already bringing home two new firebelly frog pets. 

We hope this will encourage Jojo to continue doing his potty business -- in the potty.
This reminded me that recently one of the older neighborhood girls who plays outside with the kids told Christian the TRUTH about the Tooth Fairy.  Christian was very matter-of-fact when he told me and my response was, "Of course there's a Tooth Fairy!  She does come at night because she used to come visit me when I lost a tooth!" He probably saw right through it, though, and that's ok.  He'll believe because he wants to continue believing in the magic, just as I remember doing so as a young girl.  Our little philosopher may continue to believe because he won't want to ruin the fun for his little brothers.

I pulled the little Grinch aside and told her, "C____, we still believe in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny, got it?" 


"The things I believed most then, the things I believe most now,
are the things called fairy tales."
G.K. Chesterton
Orthodoxy

1 comment:

Joy said...

How fun!! Tell all the kids hi for us. My kiddos spent about 30 minutes last week looking at all the pictures on your blog and telling me stories (remember when we did this....). We miss you guys! Did you guys sell your house in Abq?