Monday, September 5, 2011

Poor Bored Kindergartener

Jumping is not boring
Posing is not boring

Christian and Gabriel were working in their workbooks this evening when Gabriel informed me that his teacher acts "mad" at him.  Apparently she does not say "hello" when Gaby greets her.



Me:  "Were you disrupting the class?"  (This would not be a surprise.)

Gaby: "No! There is a different boy who told a funny boy, 'I like hot dog BUTTS!'" ('Butts' happens to be Gaby's favorite word of late.)

Me: "Is the boy's name Gabriel?"

Gaby: "His name is Isaiah."  (Hmmmm....'Isaiah' is a hard name to make up.)

Me:  "Well, obviously the teacher is annoyed with Isaiah if he says words like that.  You know I don't like those words either."

Gaby: "Well, I don't say anything in class because I'm bored! I sit like this [chin on hand] and I'm quiet."

Me: "Kindergarten is not supposed to be boring!  Don't you have work to do and don't you have toys to play with?"

Gaby: "The Legos are boring there.  They are missing the little mans.  And the other toys are boring, too!"

Me: "Are you sure you're not goofing off like you do here?"

Gaby Mister Logical: "No! If it was fun I would talk and be more louder!"

I'm really not sure if I prefer him being bored (and good) or interested (and in trouble).


Tucker the turtle is not boring, even when he pees

Playing at Petland is not boring

No comments: