Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Coming Full Circle

Recently I went on Facebook not realizing the adventure in store for me. A friend from my distant past (middle school) found me, and to hear from someone whom I knew all those years ago was surreal, but to meet my best friend from that era a few weeks ago was very special. We had gone our separate ways in middle school and had lost touch, but I had always wondered what happened to Claudia until I found her on my friend Jennifer's list. Jennifer lives in TX now, but we hope to see her when she visits someday.

Then the other day I opened up my regular e-mail account and found a message from my dear friend Mary who I met in Phoenix when I lived there several years ago. It had been several years since we had last been in touch, and I had sent her a Christmas card with my information hoping that it would reach her. Her daughter Jovanna was our flower girl, and now she is a teenager! I hope to see them soon.

I have one other friend in Phoenix, Lisa, who I've managed to keep up with sporatically throughout the years and hope to see her as well. She has two boys close to Christian's age.

So this has been the year of re-connecting with old friends. I guess this is what happens when you move back to your hometown; the memories are stirred. There are still a few more people I hope to catch up with, and hopefully remain friends with.

The following video clip was sent to me, and even though our boys are small, the mantras to our children never end, do they? Mine are a little different at this age: "Wash your hands -- with soap, sing 'Happy Birthday' when you wash, brush your teeth, wipe your nose, stop picking your nose, stop farting, pick up your mess, use your quiet voice...."

Have a good day!

1 comment:

linda lum debono said...

Isn't Facebook fun and scary at the same time? Amazing who you can find on there.