Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Yaya!


This past weekend the month long celebration of my mom's birthday commenced. Her birthday was yesterday, but my parents were on their way back from Dallas. Over the weekend they began the birthday festivities with my brother and his family. No one loves to celebrate birthdays more than Mom: For instance, today she went to apply for Social Security. She's so excited that at age 62 she qualifies for these and other 'senior' benefits. We will continue celebrating this weekend with the family, and she has plans lined up with her friends. Never a dull moment with Yaya. We love you!

3 comments:

kate said...

That is too great! My father was the same way, he was so excited about finally getting a discount at the movies! Hope you have a fun weekend celebrating!

Elena said...

I'll have to tell her about the movie discount! Good hearing from you, Kate.

sherri said...

Good for your mom! I'm all about the Birthday Month myself. Celebrate with the family, the extended family, the friends, the spa day - yeah, I'm all for that! Tell your mom Happy Birthday for me.