Thursday, September 18, 2008

Lack of Z's and all those B's

After several days of losing sleep, I am a total wreck of a mom. Partly, it is my fault. I've been digging into an excellent novel, catching up on my news mags, and just staying up too late for my own good. The baby had been waking up a couple times during the night due to teething, but now Jojo is waking due to habit, I am sure. And then I end up getting up between 6:00-7:00 A.M. after having had too few precious hours of sleep because those are the younger weasals' waking hours.

By the time dinner rolled around the boys rolled their eyes for the hundredth time at the apparent filth I was trying to dish out to them. I'd had it. Last night Christian and I needed to work on his letter writing: B's this week. We worked and worked for an hour, and I got more and more frustrated as did he. I should've known when to stop, but no! Christian still did it and pushed through without a temper tantrum. It was I who had the meltdown and I should've just gone to bed.

So after our homework, Mike bathed the kids and I got Christian out of the bath and dried him off. After the horrible way I acted, Christian looked at me as I was toweling him and whispered in my ear, "I'm glad you're here, Mommy."

Kids can teach you a lot about forgiveness. Thank you God for letting me mother these kids, but please forgive me for being such a horrid person yesterday. Amen.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Awe Elena, Christian sounds like such a precious little boy.

auntieL said...

love to all.

dawne said...

Ohhhh do I know where your coming from! Hang in there you are only human and all mothers have those days!
Dawne