Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Taco Man

The other day Gabriel heard me speaking with Tio Alberto on the phone.  Gabriel later gave me his impression of Spanish being spoken:

"Do you have a taco?"
"Yes, I have a taco."
"Do you have a taco?"
"Yes, I have a taco."
"I'm the taco man!"

His inflection was pretty accurate.  Later in the week he told me that a person who was dressed up in a taco costume was at school.  It didn't make sense to me either.  But I still had to ask his teacher.  Remember how Christian's 'small camera' story back in kindergarten was lost in translation?  So, I took my chances when I confirmed with Gabriel's teacher the upcoming parent-teacher conference.

Hello!

That time is good for me!

Gabriel was running a fever yesterday, so I'll keep him home today. I've left word with the attendance line.


Thanks,
Elena


p.s. Was there a 'Taco Man' at school?

Yesterday I told Gabriel that I'd written to Mrs. W to ask about the 'Taco Man', and that's when he and Christian told me that they were just joking.  I still haven't heard back from Mrs. W.

I blame Mike -- he always tells the boys tall tales.  Like when he told the story about how their Latina mama met their dad.  Or how he tells the kids to go along with a joke to pull on their mama (see 'comments' in the story below.)  Oh boy.

I
should've
known.

1 comment:

Elena said...

The teacher will think what is she talking about.

Mike