Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Two Score Years

Last week was a fun week filled with birthday plans with family and friends.  In our family, birthdays seem to go on for days.  We learned from my mom that birthdays are always fun and worth celebrating, no matter how old you are. She's the 'glass is half full' type, whereas at times I'm the more curmudgeonly 'glass is half empty' fool.
My mother-in-law got me a wig and it fooled everyone.  It was fun hearing some of the reactions: "Hair extensions?" or "Wow, your hair grew out fast!" Mike is clearly enthralled by my new look.

My brother Sergio sent me a gift certificate, and the message was: "Happy Birthday! Order more books from my favorite bookstore.  The only rule is:  You are not allowed to order a book by Newt Gingrich or Sarah Palin." 
The party at Mom and Dad's was real nice.
And thus my 40th year has begun on a high note with much cheerfulness and gladness to spare.

1 comment:

Joy said...

Happy Happy Birthday!! By the way, the wig was great, you would look good with long hair! Tell everyone hi!