Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A New Decade

Christian said, "See Mom? It's your favorite color - blue!"

Wow. I can't believe I'm 40 years old! Alot of people asked me how I felt today (Sergio joked, "It's all downhill from here.") Well, I had the entire past year to think about my impending birthday, and it's not so bad.

For my 20th birthday I wished for a (serious) boyfriend.  It took awhile, but Mike found me in Phoenix and we were married when I was 29.

For my 30th birthday I wished for a child.  I got one a few years later and then some! What a blessing.

For my 35th birthday I wished for a chance to start on a Masters.  It took awhile, but I started down that path last year and am hoping, wishing, praying to St. Joseph of Cupertino that I get accepted into the program next year.
Triple Chocolate Bavarian dessert for my birthday lunch with Mom and Dad -- yum!

My 40th birthday wish is for more sweet dreams to become vivid realities. And there are some, but I'll let you know about them when I turn 50. For now, I'll continue celebrating with friends and family this week! It's a real joy and blessing to have made it this far.

Amen.

No comments: