Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Potty Protest

Everyone knows that our middle child, also known as weasel tot #2, is a handful. But this time Gaby, urine big trouble. He's been marking his territory and leaving his mark wherever he goes.

For the past several months we've caught Gaby peeing in various places besides the toilet. It's been frustrating to say the least! Mike caught him about to pee in Aunt Patsy's closet on her new carpet a few months ago.

I became upset when I noticed the stench besides Christian's and Gaby's beds recently and it reeked of pee. Could Gaby have done that I wondered? It was too late to find out unless he was caught in the act. My mother also noticed some yellow stains behind a chair in the study room and behind her night stand. These are just a few examples of what we have noticed lately.

On Sunday I trimmed some bushes outside and as I was admiring my work I noticed a little boy's bottom through the branches of a bush, right next to the sandbox.

I ran back outside and caught Gaby peeing by the bush. Luckily, he hadn't urinated into the sandbox.

"Gaby, why are you not using the potty?!" I asked/yelled.

Gaby replied, "I forgot." This seems to be his standard reply when he is caught.

And last night as he changed into his pajamas I reminded him to use the bathroom before bed. Did he do that? No. When I was distracted by Jojo I caught Gaby in his closet. He quickly ran out when I found him there.

"What are you doing, Gaby?" I asked.

"Nothing," he quickly said and off he ran.

I took a closer look and noticed a wet keyboard toy and wet carpet! Oh. My. Gosh. Steam came out of my ears and Mike took over.

Mike and I began to think about it and we know that Gaby seems to really be bothered by the flushing sound. Many times we find surprises in the potty and we have had to remind Gaby to flush. I guess he knows better than to go #2 anywhere else. His right ear tube is also coming out of his ear drum and the sounds could be a little louder than normal, too.

Gabriel's new instructions are to NOT flush the toilet and to let one of us know so we can do it for him. If this doesn't work I will have to find a Potty Whisperer.

Now these adults should know better! They actually contacted the TV station to protest the lack of port-a-potties at a local park by allowing them to film footage of their potty breaks.

1 comment:

Joy said...

That is too funny! I don't envy all the clean up though....