Sunday, December 30, 2012

Love Note

A couple months ago Christian handed me an envelope that he had found taped to his locker.  It had been placed there the day before when he had stayed home from school.  Thinking it was an invitation to a party, I opened the decorated envelope and read the enclosed:


I said, "Oh, Christian!  This is your first love note!  How sweet; You have a secret admirer! And she's a poet." 

Christian was embarrassed and completely appalled.  He told me not to tell ANYONE about this note, especially DAD because he likes to tease.

Although Christian has never found out who his secret admirer is, someone at school wanted to know what the note was about and who it was from.  Christian told her, "It's none of your business!"

I think it was brave of this girl to write such a note even though she didn't reveal herself.  I remember writing notes to certain boys when I was young.  Oh, I could write stories about that.

No comments: