Saturday, June 19, 2010

A Day in the Park

Recently I was able to re-connect with my cousin, Lisa, who was like a sister to me when we were young.  Many years had passed since we had last seen each other, but we have fun reminiscing and we remember the same stories. Especially about the mud hole and the moped.  She now has three beautiful children, Aaron, Emma, and Ingrid.  Our kids get along real well and I am grateful to have them in my life.  Aaron is closest in age to Christian.

One day last week we went to the park with the kids.  Gaby and Aaron, who are both daring and rambunctious, went on the tire swing while some 'big kids' spun them round and round.  As they were spinning, I headed towards the swing to make sure they were not getting sick.  Gaby, whose adrenaline was pumping, turned to Aaron and yelled, "We're gonna rock and roll!" 

Here is Emma on the right with her friend Trinity.

And here is Lisa with Ingrid on the right.

Here's to more good memories and fun times. Rock and roll, indeed.

No comments: