Thursday, November 12, 2009

Peace and (Almost) Too Much Quiet

Ready to roll




One last dig in the yard


Mike, Gaby and Jojo left for Tennessee yesterday and will be gone for about two weeks. It will give Mike much needed time, while he has it, with his family & friends. He deserves it. It felt strange sleeping in our house without them last night, but Christian and I will get used to it.

He and I are going to have fun. Christian went with me on a walk while he rode his bike yesterday. It was a good way to get rid of the sadness of the boys leaving. Christian's really encouraging me to get in shape in his oh-so-subtle ways ("That's junk, Mom." "You really need to lose some weight around your arms and your chin under here."). So exercise we shall. And then we'll see some movies, go to the museum with Yaya and Grampa, and attend some birthday parties, too.

And while I'm home all alone during the day when Christian is at school, I shall relish the time to get some studying, housecleaning, and clothes sorting done. And maybe a little more blogging time, too.

No comments: